Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving?


Why are the holidays so stressful? I always wonder because it is supposed to be a time of love and family. For most, it is a time of stress, depression and turmoil.

I am hosting Thanksgiving at my house for the first time ever this year... you may be thinking "That's great!", but I am wondering "What was I thinking?" First of all, I cannot look at, touch, stuff, carve or even smell a turkey. How am I gonna have Thanksgiving with an aversion to poultry you ask? First, I would like to thank the good people at Krogers for making my Thanksgiving dinner, next I would like to nominate my husband to carve the turkey and my brother to clean it up. That's how you get around that!

My biggest issue here is that fact that I haven't had thanksgiving with my family in 7 years. Yes, you read that right. I am really nervous of how this will all work. The kids will be there so that will help (a lot), but I am just not sure how to deal... My brother and sister-in-law mean well, I know, but hanging out with them just stresses me out. My mom is really excited about actually sitting down and eating as a family, but I am just counting down the hours until it is O-V-E-R! Who knows, maybe it will actually be fun... keep your fingers crossed!!

1 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am dying to hear how this went. I kept thinking about you the entire time I was prepping my bird, and even more so when the half carved carcass was on my table.

Hope all went well, will call you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home