Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Leaving for Houston...


Well everyone... it has been 10 years in the making, but I am finally leaving for Houston, Texas to see my grandmother in a few days. She just turned 95 years old on August 1st and my Mom and I are going to visit. I can tell you that I am really excited - BUT - I am also worried about the "other" family down there just waiting to grill me about my grandfathers funeral... Let me back up. My "aunt" (and I use that word loosely) was appalled that I left my grandfather's funeral before the burial and, of course, had no idea why I would do such a thing (or what an ass he had been to me all my life). My mom played it off explaining that I had to get home and take care of the dogs (good one Mom). Everyone - set your TiVo's because I may be on the news for kicking her ass. Why is there always drama surrounding all things that are supposed to be fun???

Plus, my mom is already driving me nuts! She calls everyday to give me the "update" on what to bring in carry-on/what to check (because of those f***ing terrorists), what time we should get to the airport, when I should leave Dayton to ensure that we get to the airport on time. SHE IS STRESSING ME OUT!!! If this is foreshadowing of the trip to come... it ain't gonna be pretty!!!

In other news... I start my LAST class on Tuesday! I can't believe that I am almost finished! Now I have to get serious about picking a place to work... more on that later.

I'll post again after I get back from my trip!

2 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger Weinraub Family said...

I am glad you are finally making it down to TX. You are there to see you grandmother, and eveeryone else in the family can PISS off.
As far as what to bring on the plan, basically NOTHING LOL. Bring a book to pretend to read, and an ipod so you mom will leave you alone (ok maybe not but it would be worth a try) on the flight. Oh yeah and some cash so you can buy a stiff drink on the flight if you need it.

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Steffers said...

Good luck on your trip with your mom. I hope that you have a nice time..don't let your mom or your relatives stress you out! Also, good luck on your class! You are going to do awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home