Monday, July 31, 2006

Spending Time Together?? That's a New Concept

I remember a time when all I wanted to do was have fun... and it wasn't too long ago. I guess the thing that makes me want to scream - all you want to do when you are young is buy the things that you deem "fun". Then when you are actually in a place where you can afford them - you are too old to enjoy them.

Jamie and I have a Harley Davisdon because it is our hobby. The last time we "used our hobby" was 2 weeks ago and it was only for 2 hours. Jamie and I have had different schedules for quite some time now, but it always seems like there is something to do for someone else and not for us! His family wants us to do something with/for them almost every weekend, my family is less consuming, but not as accommodating when something is planned. I just want to tell everyone to leave us alone for 1 month! It will never happen because we are too nice.

There has to be a way to study, work, clean, shop, see the family, and still have a little fun... right? How would I handle children if I can't seem to find any time now???

3 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger Weinraub Family said...

Repeat after me "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO" If you want help, Leah will teach you, that is her favorite word.
Seriously though, you have to make time for the 2 of you. Your marriage has to come before all the extra crap.
hey it is either learn to say NO, or have a baby, then no one expect you to live by their reschedule and demands (except the baby that is)

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger The Easter's said...

If I had the baby right now my life as I know it would be chaos! I have to pay for my own health insurance now and I didn't get the maternity coverage because it was $600 a month for Jamie and I... I got the $250 a month plan and keep my fingers crossed until we are ready.

I hear what you are saying... but I will give you Jamie's number and you can call him and tell him that... he just can't seem to say NO to his family! You know I can say NO - but it is hard when your husband already committed you to something and then you look like the bitch.

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Weinraub Family said...

OK, the baby comment was actually ment as a joke! I know you hate to look like the bitch, and I agree Jamie needs to take part.
Try planning a weekend get away just the two of you, were there is NO family and NO work. This way nothing and no one can bug you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home