Friday, September 01, 2006

Jamie's Phone Call...

Jamie's dad called him last night at 10:30 to tell him time and location for tonight. Well, that's a start. But in the tradition of being a pessimist... this is still the same man who would tell the kids to be ready at 7:00 and never show up.

I talked to Julie last night and she was totally frantic... what do I wear? good makeup or natural? hair up or down? jeans or dressy? I can't imagine what they both are feeling right now. I know that Jamie's mom is very nervous and wants me to call her at points during the night to give her the update. I really can and can't relate to this at all... while Jamie and Julie question whether they should have a relationship and talk to their dad again, I would give everything I own in the world to talk to mine again for 5 minutes. Jamie and I are opposite ends of the spectrum in this situation, but I think we have more in common than we both realize... we both wish we had our dads. Tonight will be very difficult for them if he is sick.

I'm taking my camera and hopefully I can take some pictures (if its not too uncomfortable). I know... I know... I haven't even posted my pics from Texas yet. I'm working on it! More later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home